Marseille Soap Museum
Book your visit
For private customers, choose your free guided tour date and time from the availabilities shown below, indicating the number of participants.
For groups, schools, associations and private visits, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. Please note that there is a charge for these tours.
If you would like a tour in a foreign language, please contact us by email at email@example.com to arrange a time for your visit.
- Times: please consult the availability calendar below to book your visit. Visits are generally offered on Mondays at 2pm, Tuesdays to Fridays at 11am and 2pm + an additional visit at 3:30pm during zone B school vacations.
- Free admission with reservation
- Guided tour of 1 hour in French, accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Parking: park outside the plant
- Access : BUS 30 direction La Savine, stop Cité des Arts de la Rue
Guided tour by reservation only:
- Monday to Friday - schedule to be defined upon reservation
- Reservations are required at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Price: single package from €50,
- Accepted means of payment : CB & cash
A unique collection!
One of the most beautiful private collections of Marseille soaps is on display. It belongs to Josette and Vittorio Quittard, two Marseilles residents who have been passionate about the history of Marseille soap for 20 years and who have initiated the production of two films, a book and 93 exhibitions.
Photographs, vats, old soaps, advertisements, stamps, washing boards, beaters... a total of nearly 250 objects of all kinds are on display in three spaces.
Built around the cauldron room, the heart of the factory, the Museum also allows visitors to discover the saponification process and offers a complete tour of the factory, to better understand the different stages of the Marseilles process.
The teams that participated in this project are diverse but they all have one thing in common, their local and territorial roots.
- QUALITY TOURISM Label aith an exceptional 92% compliance rate ahe required criteria
- Top 10 things to do in Marseille in the category Specialised Museums
- Recommended by the LONELY PLANET, the GUIDE DU ROUTARD, the PETIT FUTE
- 5 stars on Google based on visitor reviews.
Tell us about your experience/feedback here!
An exceptional place!
Located on the Aix/Marseille motorway, 10 minutes from Gate 4 of the Grand Port Maritime de Marseille, in the 15th arrondissement, the Marseille Soap Museum offers a unique tour inside the Savonnerie du Midi factory.
Discover a museum space inaugurated in December 2018, born of an educational as well as territorial and tourist desire!
This tour has been set up in one of the last historical soap factories in the region. You will discover the history of Marseille soap, its traditional manufacturing process, perpetuated in the factory, its uses of yesteryear but also its territorial anchorage and its industrial context.
Visit our factory store
Our factory store is located at the entrance of the Savonnerie du Midi, in the very heart of our century-old factory at 72, rue Augustin Roux 13015 Marseille.
You will find all our range of Marseille soaps, hygiene and cleaning products and our collaborations, with 10% discount on the retail prices!
You can also customize your own slice of Marseille soap!
- Monday from 2 to 5 pm,
- Tuesday from 10am to 5pm,
- Wednesday from 10am to 5pm,
- Thursday from 10am to 5pm,
- Friday from 10am to 5pm.
Telephone: +33 (0) 4 91 60 54 04
Parking: 2 parking spaces available in the courtyard of the soap factory, and parking also possible in the street Augustin Roux.
Access : BUS 30 direction La Savine, stop Cité des Arts de la Rue
Means of payment accepted: CB and cash.
Marseille soap workshop
How does it work?
You cut, stamp, write a first name, a love note, a memory or a fetish date and you leave with your handmade soap.
- no reservation necessary
- on the opening hours of the factory store
- single rate : 4€ per bracket
This workshop is also available for group tours. To be scheduled in addition to the museum visit when making your reservation by email at email@example.com.
You can't come to the Savonnerie du Midi?
This workshop is also offered in our store in the Old Port, located at 28 place aux Huiles - 13001 Marseille, without reservation.
Telephone: +33 (0) 4 91 60 54 04
Contact us by mail
|By car :||From Aix-en-Provence: A7 freeway, exit 33 Les Aygalades.
From Marseille: A7 freeway, exit 34 Sainte Marthe-Les Arnavaux. 2 parking spaces in the courtyard of the factory and also outside.
|Public transport||Bus 30 - Stop Cité des Arts et de la Rue|