What is stamping?
The stamping is the last step of the Marseille soap manufacturing process. Each soap is squeezed into a mold and when closed, stamp the sides of the Marseille soap cube.
Stamping can be done manually, for example with boxwood stamps, or mechanically by placing the impressions in a press or tulip.⠀
What information is indicated on the Marseille Soap cube?
Each of our Marseille soaps is stamped with :⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Our brand " La Corvette " ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- The famous 72% vegetable oil formula⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- The pentagon (decree of Napoleon I in 1812) where the place of production, the name of the soap factory and the oils used are mentioned. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
More info : Our bars of Marseille soap are handmade.
How to recognize a real Marseille soap ?
In order to identify or recognize a real Marseille soap it must meet 3 criteria defined in the specifications adopted by the Union of Marseille Soap Professionals:
- Soap must be made by a hot saponification process called the Marseilles process
- It must be made in the Bouches-du-Rhône department, the historical birthplace of Marseille soap
- The raw materials are all vegetable (72% of which are vegetable oils). No perfumes, colouring agents, preservatives, animal fats or additives are allowed in traditional Marseille Soap.