Liquid soap appeals to a large number of people. This multi-purpose hygiene product offers a popular alternative to solid soaps, and is used daily for many purposes. La Corvette - Savonnerie du Midi offers a wide range of liquid soapswith a selection of products in a range of fragrances, properties and packaging, made from quality ingredients. You can also get involved in a DIY approach by making your own: discover our recipe for making your own liquid soap!
The many benefits of liquid soap
Liquid soap is a huge success. It's found its way into many bathrooms for hand or body washing, and naturally takes its place in kitchens, next to the sink. Hygiene is one of the arguments most often put forward to justify the daily use of liquid soap.
The ease of use of a liquid soap dispenser appeals to many people. A simple squeeze is all it takes to obtain the required dose. By choosing a glass dispenser, you can easily estimate the remaining quantity and plan ahead for a new purchase (or DIY production).
Liquid soap is becoming increasingly eco-friendly. It can be formulated with organically grown ingredients, based on Marseille soapolive oil or moisturizing goat's milk. Recycled and recyclable packaging also reduces the product's environmental footprint. And it's even more eco-friendly when you make it yourself!
An easy-to-make recipe for homemade liquid soap
Making your own liquid soap usually saves you a lot of money. The choice of Do It Yourself is also favored by those who want to control the composition of their hygiene products. Here's our recipe idea for making your own liquid soap from quality ingredients.
To make your own liquid soap, you need the following ingredients:
- 20 to 30 grams of Marseille soap shavings or flakes, using a traditional production method such as that offered by La Corvette - Savonnerie du Midi;
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil, preferably one with recognized cosmetic properties (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, etc.).
- 3 teaspoons glycerine or liquid honey ;
- 0.5 liters of water.
You can also add 3 drops of essential oil to your preparation. The choice depends on your preferences and desires: lavender, peppermint, lime, bergamot, patchouli...
To prepare your homemade liquid soap, you need the following accessories:
- a saucepan and a griddle;
- a large wooden spoon;
- a funnel ;
- a liquid soap dispenser or bottle.
You can replace the saucepan with an electric kettle and a salad bowl or large heat-resistant bowl.
The step-by-step recipe
It only takes a few minutes to prepare your own liquid soap:
- Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan or kettle;
- Pour Marseille soap flakes or shavings into boiling water;
- Wait about ten seconds, then start stirring with the wooden spoon;
- While continuing to mix, add the vegetable oil first, then pour in the glycerin (or honey);
- Stop mixing when you obtain a homogeneous mixture;
- Optional: add the drops of essential oil, and stir one last time;
- Allow your liquid soap to cool;
- Once at room temperature, pour it into the dispenser using the funnel.
Your homemade liquid soap is ready to use!
A wide range of liquid soaps
Founded in Marseille in the 19th century, we have built our reputation on the quality of our handcrafted Marseille soap. Since 1894, we've been perpetuating the know-how and recipes of traditional Marseille soap.
We have also developed a wide range of liquid soaps to meet your new needs and expectations:
- Organic liquid soaps COSMOS ORGANIC certified compositions by the independent organization EOCERT;
- Liquid Marseille soaps formulated with vegetable oils, available in several fragrances;
- Hand soap Refillable dispensers for easy hand washing;
- Aleppo liquid soaps Made in Syria according to the traditional Aleppo soap recipe.