La Corvette Marseille soap flakes are made from 100% vegetable oils, in Marseille, using the traditional cauldron cooking process. These flakes are a blend of EXTRA PURE Marseille soap and OLIVE Marseille soap. This product is guaranteed to contain no colorants, fragrances, preservatives or added glycerine.
This product is extremely gentle on all delicate textiles (silk, wool, lace, etc.). By dissolving the shavings in very hot water, this product can be used to make your own laundry detergent. It's a natural, effective alternative to all synthetic detergents.
The Union of Marseille Soap Professionals
La Corvette Marseille soaps respect the artisanal manufacturing charter set by the Union des Professionnels du Savon de Marseille, of which the Savonnerie du Midi is a founding member.
The trademark guarantees :
- A traditional manufacturing process of cooking in a period cauldron
- A composition of traditional Marseille soap from raw materials and oils exclusively vegetable, without additives, preservatives or perfume,
- A production site in the Bouches-du-Rhône department, the historical birthplace of Marseille soap.
Composition : Soap 30% and more
Ingredients : Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate*, Aqua (Water), Sodium Palm Kernelate*, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide.
*RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Oil) certified oils, from sustainably managed plantations, respecting the environment and local cultures
La Corvette - Savonnerie du Midi Marseille soaps contain a minimal amount of glycerin. This glycerin is derived from the natural saponification process and is not added to the soap. This glycerin is removed during the washing stages of the Marseilles process. However, a small trace of it remains in the finished product and the regulations require us to indicate this on our ingredient lists.
Directions for use:
Our Marseille soap flakes, without added glycerine, are ideal for taking care of your laundry and making your own ecological, natural and economical washing powder!
- For a machine wash: in a 2L recovery can, dissolve 60g of chips in 1L of very hot water. Shake. Let stand 24 hours. Mix again the obtained lye and add 1L of cold water. Stir the whole. You can add baking soda, essential oils to perfume it and/or white vinegar as a softener. Pour 100ml of the liquid obtained directly into your machine. Shake the obtained detergent before each use.
- For a hand wash: in a basin, dissolve 10g of shavings in very hot water and let the laundry soak. Scrub and rinse.
Our Marseille soaps rated "Excellent" 100/100 on Yuka !